privacy issues using this tool

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB privacy issues using this tool

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    b.timofte
    Participant

Dear all

Please remove due to privacy reason when debugging the message pops : This program is licensed to <full name >

I made an youtube video describing some c++ debugging tutorial and i didn’t saw in the debug windows my full name was displayed . Now it was seen by thousands of people and i get harassment threats

Best regards

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, it is a part of our licensing policy to display the user name in the About window and the GDB session window. It is not shared with any other users or parties and is only shown on the actual computer where VisualGDB is installed. If you do not want others to see the licensing information, please use video editing software to blur/remove any sensitive information.

b.timofte
    Participant

There is no need to display licensed user name when gdb.exe debugger starts … WTF ?!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this is a part of our licensing policy and we would not be able to remove it.

Ophidian14
    Participant

What were the threats?

Jensa
    Participant

I don’t really care about the license thing but a solution might be to not auto-switch to the “GDB Session” every time you debug something. To me it’s starting to get frustrating as well since all I want is the “Output” tab but I need to manually switch it every time I start debugging. Changing so it either remembers the last active tab in the debug context and goes there or an option to set which tab it displays etc would be a great help even for me. That would also fix the issue of it displaying the licensing window every time but perhaps that’s what you want?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your input. There is actually a setting for this already: Tools->Options->VisualGDB->Common->GUI->Don’t Activate GDB Session Window.

However VisualGDB displays various debug-related errors and progress status in the GDB Session window, so we normally recommend keeping it visible (or at least checking it if you encounter strange behavior).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.