No APK files….

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB No APK files….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bfx
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve imported a gradle project into VisualGDB and successfully compiled/linked, and generated an APK.   When I go to run/debug it, I get the error message  “No APK files were found in the binary directory. Please build the project first.”

And then displays the ADB log, which is PS process list dump.   What I’m looking for is the name and location of the APK file that VisualGDB is looking for, to see how it is different than then APK file the compile is generating.

Any tips appreciated.

Hm, in fact it looks like the build is generating TWO .APK files, which are under subfolders of …/build/output/<flavor name>/debug     . I looked a the app/build.gradle file, it has a “productFlavors” section with two flavors defined.  Anyway, I need VisualGDB to find at least one APK to push to the android device and attach and run.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please consider updating to VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 10. It should support the latest project layout from Android Studio. If your project uses different directories for APK files and libraries, please consider editing the .vgdbcmake file accordingly (see the OutputSubdirectory, AppSubdirectory and LibraryDirectory elements).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.