New User – Blank project (LEDBlink.cpp) won't compile: dma.cpp compiler errors

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB New User – Blank project (LEDBlink.cpp) won't compile: dma.cpp compiler errors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David L
    Participant

Hello
    I’ve just installed VisualGDB into Mircosoft Visual Studio Community 2015 the simplest, unmodified new project won’t compile:  dma.cpp is failing to compile,

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1600"]Build errors Build errors[/caption]

5 identical errors:

invalid operands to binary != (have union <anonymous> and 'int') .

Am I missing somehting in the installation, I’ve had a bit of a google and checked Forum to no avail, I have no idea how to fault find this. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks for your help/patience.
    David

VisualGDB 5.2R9 build 1452
    Visual Studio Community 2015 vs 14.0.25431.01, Update 3
    Windows 10

David L
    Participant

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1600"]Build errors Build errors[/caption]

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s hard to say what could be causing it without knowing the context (it could be a typo in the device library, incompatible setting, old gcc or a missing #define somewhere). Please let us know which device family you are using and attach a screenshot of the source file with the line causing the error and we will help you resolve this.

David L
    Participant

Device: MSP432P401R

All settings left as default

Screenshot (I’ve tried uploading .jpg screenshots in my previous posts and they’ve failed to show up on the forum). Another attempt:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1449"]Screenshot Build errors[/caption]

Errors in table form, note they refer to dma.cpp:

<table width=”1647″>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>Severity</td>
    <td>Code</td>
    <td>Line</td>
    <td>Description</td>
    <td>File</td>
    <td>Project</td>
    <td>Suppression State</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Error</td>
    <td> </td>
    <td>328</td>
    <td>’null’ undeclared (first use in this function)</td>
    <td>C:\Users\Developer\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.ti.msp432\SDK\driverlib\dma.c</td>
    <td>EmbeddedProject5</td>
    <td> </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Error</td>
    <td> </td>
    <td>364</td>
    <td>invalid operands to binary != (have ‘union <anonymous>’ and ‘int’)</td>
    <td>C:\Users\Developer\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.ti.msp432\SDK\driverlib\dma.c</td>
    <td> </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Error</td>
    <td> </td>
    <td>484</td>
    <td> </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Error</td>
    <td> </td>
    <td>552</td>
    <td> </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Error</td>
    <td> </td>
    <td>604</td>
    <td> </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Error</td>
    <td> </td>
    <td>1</td>
    <td>Command-line action failed</td>
    <td>C:\Users\Developer\Documents\VS2015\Projects\VisualGDB\EmbeddedProject5\EmbeddedProject5\VisualGDB</td>
    <td> </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Error</td>
    <td>MSB3073</td>
    <td>41</td>
    <td>The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:\Users\Developer\Documents\VS2015\Projects\VisualGDB\EmbeddedProject5\EmbeddedProject5\EmbeddedProject5.vcxproj” “/solution:C:\Users\Developer\Documents\VS2015\Projects\VisualGDB\EmbeddedProject5\EmbeddedProject5.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.</td>
    <td>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets</td>
    <td> </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Thanks for your help with this, let me know if you need to know anything else?

David

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. This is a known bug in the MSP432 driver library. Please locate the debug.h file and change the definition of ASSERT() to always ignore the argument:

#ifdef DEBUG
    #define ASSERT(expr)
    #else
    #define ASSERT(expr)
    #endif

or simply

#define ASSERT(expr)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.