Native Library Import Project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Native Library Import Project

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bfx
    Participant

Hi,

I have 2 projects, one is an App, and the other is a library that the App uses.    The library, unfortunately, contains both C++ and Java code, it is a gradle-built project.  The import into VisualGDB seems to only allow for Native libs without Java code.  What can I do to set up both my app and my “native + Java” library in VisualGDB? Is it possible?  The gradle build generates a .aar file.  Not sure how to link to that.

Maybe it is unnecessary, but one thing I thought of is to maybe split the library into 2 libraries, a native-only, and a Java library.  The java library I think can only be set up in Android Studio, not VisualGDB (correct?) , but again, I don’t know how I’d link the .aar with the rest of VisualGDB.

do want to be able to step into the C++ part of the library, from the app.

As an aside, I was  able to take just the C++ files of the library and build the native library in VisualGDB, but now its missing the Java files.

Thank you for your help. I know my support has expired. If you can tell me you have a solution to my problem, I would be happy to renew my license for the answer 🙂

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally, you should be able to reference the AAR library from another Android Studio project and then import the outer project into VisualGDB (see this tutorial). The classic VisualGDB projects (Ant-based) do not support AAR files as it is Android Studio-specific format.

We can help you import the Gradle-based project into VisualGDB, however that would require renewing your license to get the technical support active.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.