Native Heap Leak Detection

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Native Heap Leak Detection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DaveMc
    Participant

My company is just now in the process of getting VisualGDB licenses so I’m pretty new. Does VisualGDB currently detect memory leaks in Native, JNI apk’s? I have not seen any mention of this in these forums or on the website. Are there plans to provide this ability? Currently DDMS can be configured to display a ‘Native Heap’ tab, but it’s not easy to use for leak detection. Typical Visual Studio heap monitoring and leak detection behavior would be an amazing feature for your VisualGDB product. Specifically, I’m using the JNI to write C++ code for OpenGL ES 2 applications. I’d like to detect memory leaks both in my apk and in the graphics drivers. I have access to all the symbols for the engineering OS build and the graphics KMD.

Thanks

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the great idea. Currently heap inspection is not part of VisualGDB features. Overall adding functionalities from DDMS to Visual Studio through VisualGDB is in our plans.

As VisualGDB version 4.1. is already approaching release, we have added heap inspection to the planned feature list of VisualGDB version 4.2.

DaveMc
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know your plans. I look forward to working with those features in 4.2.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.