Multiple Errors after STM32 HAL Upgrade

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Multiple Errors after STM32 HAL Upgrade

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rus51
    Participant

I am writing code for a STM32F746 discovery board and everything was progressing very well until today. Just now after starting VS and loading my VisualGDB project I was asked if I wanted to upgrade the STM32 HAL files. I clicked yes and it appeared that the update went well. But now the project produces 161 compilation errors. The errors are too numerous to list here but all appear to be ‘unknown type’ or ‘undeclared’ errors, as if information in h files can not be accessed. I have tried shutting VS down and restarting and even rebooting the computer but to no avail. Any idea on how to clear these errors or alternatively how to go back to the old HAL files?

rus51

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by rus51.
    rus51
    Participant

I have found the problem. Be aware that the update totally scrambles any module configurations you have made in stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h and also overwrites any and all modifications you have made to any of HAL h and c files. I am lucky, I made notes about mods I made to these files.

rus51

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, the HAL update indeed overwrites the HAL sources and headers with the newest versions, however the stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h file should be located in your project directory and hence not be affected by the update.

If there is a bug in some of our templates that results in referencing hal_conf from the HAL directory instead of copying it, please let us know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.