Multi-Project Solution (MSBuild, Linux). Rebuild cleans output of dependencies

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Multi-Project Solution (MSBuild, Linux). Rebuild cleans output of dependencies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pfritz
    Participant

Hello,

I have created two linux projects (MSBuild) in one solution, which are build remotely.

A static library and an application, that uses the library.

If I rebuild the solution/application, it cleans first the library output and then it builds it again. After that
    the application cleans it output (which contains now the build library) and then it builds it again.

The compile process is failing, because the library is now missing.

If I do a clean first and the a build, it works properly.

Is there any solution how I can get the rebuild to work, without doing first a clean and then a build?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

support
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay, we had to do some investigation on our side in order to come up with possible fixes.

VisualGDB cleans the remotely built projects by removing the entire directory with the temporary make file (.msbuild-mak extension). This is done instead of precise file-by-file cleaning in order to reduce the delays due to network latency.

Hence, the easiest way to fix this would be to ensure that each project has a separate intermediate directory (set via the $(IntDir) variable). If this doesn’t help, we could add a setting for running a custom command line instead of deleting the entire directory, so you could fine-tune the exact list of files you would like to delete via the rebuild/clean commands.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.