Moving a VisualGDB license to another computer/VM

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Moving a VisualGDB license to another computer/VM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    swineone
    Participant

I run VisualGDB on a VM in my MacBook Pro. This year I decided to move from Parallels Desktop to VMware Fusion, in the meanwhile installing Windows 10 from scratch. I’ve kept the old VM (Windows 7) for the time being. How do I deactivate the license from my old Windows 7 VM so I can reactivate it on my new Windows 10 VM?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, simply contact our support with your license key and they will reset your activation.

flynnjs
    Participant

Would be really good if the uninstaller could credit the activation back to your server so it can then be transfered elsewhere without having to make contact. Things like Photoshop and Avid do this reasonably well and I often just flip those licences between my laptop and desktop.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We don’t do that because in many cases the machine with the previous VisualGDB installation is inaccessible. But we do respond quickly if you request an activation reset via our support channels.

kurt
    Participant

Hi,

Is this answer still valid now in 2017?  In the “About” dialog, I see that there is a “Revert to trial button”.  I wonder if that can be used to switch between 2 machines like Photoshop?

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by kurt. Reason: typo
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this would not work. VisualGDB activation system is designed to be a non-intrusive as possible and to avoid frequent reactivations, so reverting to trial won’t deactivate VisualGDB (the feature is intended for checking out the features of higher editions when considering an upgrade).

Please note that we do offer an experimental floating license (that counts simultaneous sessions, but requires continuous Internet connection) in some cases. Please contact our sales with a description of your setup so that we could help you find a suitable licensing model.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.