Mounting window appears them innediately disappears

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Mounting window appears them innediately disappears

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello there, giving the latest 3.6 a try for editing Linux ISOs. Installation goes fine but when I try to open an ISO I get the mounting window appear for a split second (just long enough for the Aero animation of the window appearing to happen) then disappears and I end up with nothing. If I try again nothing happens at all, if I leave it a short while I get the same split-second window.

System is Vista Home Premium 32 bit, it’s also quite crufty (4 years since last re-install and I can be a terrible magpie with software) so my suspicion is some sort of conflict with some other software. Took a look in the event viewer and can’t see anything at all.

Any other information that might be helpful feel free to ask.

VGA
    Participant

You mean you select the mount option from the context menu of an iso and it crashes when it tries to show the window ? Maybe it’s crashing while trying to populate the drive letter list.

Does the WinCDEmu settings window show up fine ? (From the start menu options)

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks for the response, no, trying to open the options does nothing, not even a flicker of a window like with the mounting.

VGA
    Participant

Weird, maybe it crashes while enumerating the drives (to find the available letters)

Open a command prompt as admin and run this command :
    wmic logicaldisk get name

Anonymous
    Participant
    Name:
    A:
    C:
    D:
    E:
    N:

I can account for all of those, A, C, and D are what you would expect. E is my phone (plugged in at time of command) and N is a NAS I mapped for programs that don’t accept UNC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.