Mounting error for .iso Win 10 file on PC w/ Win Vista (64-Bit)

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Mounting error for .iso Win 10 file on PC w/ Win Vista (64-Bit)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ajones
    Participant

<span style=”font-family: ‘Times New Roman’,serif; font-size: 18pt;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>I have a legacy 64-bit PC.  I <b>thought</b></span><span style=”color: #000000;”> I might be able to upgrade the system from Windows Vista to Win 10.  I purchased a Win10 upgrade downloadable .iso file from Amazon.com and burned the file to a DVD for “mounting” back onto the PC. </span></span>

<span style=”font-family: ‘Times New Roman’,serif; font-size: 18pt;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>I downloaded and installed WinCDEmu, to assist in the mounting process.  A virtual drive was created with the iso file stored within it, but when I tried to Install or Run the iso file, I received the following warning message:</span></span>

<span style=”font-family: ‘Times New Roman’,serif; font-size: 18pt;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>Windows installation cannot be started from the current operating system. To install Windows, boot from the installation media, or upgrade from a supported operating system and restart the installation.</span></span>

<span style=”font-family: ‘Times New Roman’,serif; font-size: 18pt;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>Suggestions other than trash the PC or purchase a hard copy of Win10 on a DVD?</span></span>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.