missing hardware register difinitions ESP32

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB missing hardware register difinitions ESP32

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    josephla
    Participant

just set up the J-link with esp32 debugging.  when browse window “hardware register”, try to check value, there is a “missing hardware register definitions” pointed to a web page to “embedded project” set up, but I am using the arduino/ESP32 porject wizard to generate the project which don’t have this option. I try to serach online for the “SVD” file with no luck, re download the toolchain and didn’t find any SVD file as well. Is anyone there please help and tell me

1. is the current visualGDB able to view hardware register with Jlink + esp32 setup ?
    2. where I can find the ESP32 SVD file ?
    3. where to set up the hardware register definitions file if its create by arduino project? and where to find this file for ESP32?

Thanks a lot.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, VisualGDB can view the ESP32 hardware registers with J-Link, however this is not fully integrated into the Arduino workflow yet.

We have made it easier in this build though: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.10.2586.msi

Please download our regular ESP32 toolchain and then point the hardware register viewer at the <SysGCC>\esp32\esp32-bsp\registers.xml file. This will import the register definitions from the regular ESP32 toolchain into your Arduino project.

josephla
    Participant

you mean using the ESP32  project to start a dummy project, and define the hardware register file.xml. and if open the arduino /ESP32  project, it will had the define and show the register value?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You don’t actually need to create a dummy project – simply install our regular ESP32 toolchain and point the hardware register viewer to the registers.xml file from it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.