Missing Hardware register definition on ESP32

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Missing Hardware register definition on ESP32

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mattia
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using VisualGDB 5.4 on an ESP32. When I try to debug, the window “Missing Hardware register definition” appears on my screen. Do I need to set anything?

Thank you,

Mattia

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, this looks like our bug. Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.3.2349.msi

mattia
    Participant

Ok, now it works

mattia
    Participant

Hello,

it seems that some registers are still missing (i.e. timer, uart, …). Here attached the register groups I can see. How can I see the other registers?

Thank you,

Mattia

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. The ESP32 register definitions are not 100% precise, as they are computed from parsing the ESP-IDF header files. We have updated the code responsible for parsing them to handle some of the previously missing registers (see the R11 toolchain release here).

However, other registers (e.g. SPI, UART) that use non-trivial rules for computing the base addresses are still not included. As a workaround, please consider editing the <SysGCC>\esp32\esp-bsp\registers.xml file manually or hardcoding the rules for the missing register groups in our header file parser.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.