MBED ethernetinterface error debugging

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB MBED ethernetinterface error debugging

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RMoons
    Participant

When using the EthernetInterface from the MBED library I get following error when trying “eth.connect()”

The error occures in the “semihost_api.h” file error

Is this a bug, or should I ignore this error?

Kind Regards

RM

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like an unhandled semihosting call (mechanism used by the firmware to send printf() output to the debugger). Please ensure that you have semihosting enabled via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Debug. Either way, this message can be just ignored as well as it does not indicate an error.

RMoons
    Participant

When I enable the semihosting, I still get the error, and this output in the GDB Session: “Unsupported semihosting syscall: 257”

I want to ignore the error but how can I do this? It’s not listed in the “Exception Settings”

support
    Keymaster

Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.2.15.1406.msi

We have added an option under Tools->Options->VisualGDB->Embedded->Other that controls whether VisualGDB stops on unsupported syscalls.

RMoons
    Participant

Thanks, this seems to “work”, the debugger doesn’t stop there anymore. But I found out that this Error causes the processor to freeze, so there is something wrong, but I can’t find out what exactly.

Shouldn’t the debugger redirect me to the code causing this error?

support
    Keymaster

In order to understand what is going on, please use the Call Stack window to locate the code that calls the syscall function.

If the syscall is used to report a critical error, please try tracking back what causes the error.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.