Linux Static Lib with source files in multiple folders

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Linux Static Lib with source files in multiple folders

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nadav
    Participant

I have a project where source files are found in folders different than the folder where the Makefile reside ( they are found in the parent folder ).
    When compiling the project I get “make: *** No rule to make target `../SimpleTCPStream.cpp’, needed by `Debug/SimpleTCPStream.o’. Stop.”

Seems to me like VisualGDB expects all source files to reside at the same folder of the Makefile

I must preserve the folder structure, how can I have the project compiling ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally VisualGDB will compute relative source file paths and put them to Makefile when updating it. Looks like in your case this mechanism is not working as expected. Could you please share your Makefile and also let us know its full path, the full path of the .cpp file and the full path of the Visual Studio project?

jonnahtan
    Participant

Hello,

I am facing a similar problem. In my case, the folder structure is like:

— main

—— source_1 (folder)

—— source_2 (folder)

—— other (folder)

—— Makefile (file)

The Makefile in the main folder call the Makefiles of both source folders.

In the file synchronization settings I choose the main folder as local directory, and choose the option “Include selected subdirectories only”, to sync only “source_1” and “source_2”.

The problem is that when I try to build the solution the Makefile in the main folder is not transferred to the remote dir. Then the error “make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.” occurs.

What can i do to transfer the Makefile with the rest of the source?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by jonnahtan. Reason: adding more indentation
    jonnahtan
    Participant

I finally created two VisualGDB projects, one for “source_1” and another for “source_2” and compile them individually.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.