Linker Error – Missing include ?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Linker Error – Missing include ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zh4ng
    Participant

Hi @all,

i am not sure if this is the right place for my problem. It is maybe a trivial Visual Studio setting…. and please don’t hit me. I am not a pro. please patience.

I think i have a problem with the linker. I got this error message:

1>—— Build started: Project: F0-I2C-SSD1306, Configuration: Debug VisualGDB ——
    1>Linking VisualGDB/Debug/F0-I2C-SSD1306…
    1>VisualGDB/Debug/main.o: In function main:
    1>D:\Development\02_Programming\04_Cortex-M\STM32\F0-I2C-SSD1306\Src\main.c(107): error : undefined reference to u8g_InitComFn
    1>D:\Development\02_Programming\04_Cortex-M\STM32\F0-I2C-SSD1306\Src\main.c(115): error : undefined reference to u8g_dev_ssd1306_128x64_i2c
    1>collect2.exe : error : ld returned 1 exit status
    1>Done building project “F0-I2C-SSD1306.vcxproj” — FAILED.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Her is the link from the project i want to setup: http://elastic-notes.blogspot.de/p/stm32-i2c-oled-ssd.html

I think the linker can’t finde the code. I google a lot to solve the problem but with no luck.

Where can i add a include path? I put the file from u8glib under \driver\u8glib and use the  include path discovery feature.

At that point, Visual Studio finds the header etc. but i still got the linker error…

I hope someone have the time and patience to help me.

Thx Zh4ng

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by zh4ng.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please let us know the email associated with your license key so that we can check the status of your support.

zh4ng
    Participant

Hi Support,

how can i send you my Mailaddress?  I don’t want to post my main emailaddress in public. I hope you understand 🙂

thx

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can simply create a support ticket via https://sysprogs.com/support/ and provide a link to this forum.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks, we have confirmed your support status.

The problem happens because your code includes headers that declare u8g_InitComFn() and the other functions, but your project doesn’t include source files (.c or .cpp) that define those functions. Please search the sources of your library for definitions (not declarations) of the missing functions and add them to your project.

We also have a detailed tutorial showing how to troubleshoot this type of problems here: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/tips/externc/

zh4ng
    Participant

Thank you for the support…

My fault. It runs like expected 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.