Latest version of OpenOCD?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Latest version of OpenOCD?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ancaritha
    Participant

I was curious if the latest versions of OpenOCD were only available if you were running VisualGDB 5.5?  We’re still running 5.4 and the latest version I see is 20200310-0.10.0 but I’ve seen people mention newer versions on the forums.

Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is correct. The newer versions of OpenOCD, BSPs and other packages often rely on the new features introduced in the recent VisualGDB versions, and will not work with the older VisualGDB releases.

If you would like to stay up-to-date with the latest tools and packages, we recommend using the latest version of VisualGDB as well.

Ancaritha
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the info.  Our support contract is currently expired and we were going to wait a few months to make sure that our year of support fell within when VS 2022 was released and any VisualGDB updates that had to be made were done but maybe we’ll just update now and hope for the best 🙂

support
    Keymaster

No worries. Just please be aware that the 50% renewal discount we give for VisualGDB always extends the previous expiration date by 1 year, regardless of the actual date of purchase. So unless you have a very old license that doesn’t qualify for the regular renewal discount anymore, there is no advantage of delaying the update.

Also Microsoft has recently switched to faster release of VS updates that often break backward compatibility or introduce new issues (e.g. VS16.10 broke IntelliSense interface compatibility with older VS2019 builds). We usually release hotfixes for these issues very fast, but they do require an active license.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.