JTrace Pro with visual gdb

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB JTrace Pro with visual gdb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to debug using trace with my J-Trace pro for an STM32303E-Eval board. I’ve tried following this tutorial  https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/tracing/traceback/   Under Debug settings I’ve selected debug using Segger J-Trace. However under ARM Tracing in Embedded Debug Tweaking there is a no way to enable, just a message stating “ARM tracing is only supported when using J-Trace with Segger GDB Stub” I’m using VisualGDB version 5.4R12 and Segger J-Link software version 6.60 for Windows 10 and cant seem to find the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

support
    Keymaster

No problem, we can help you. Could you please share the screenshots of the Debug Settings page and the Embedded Debug Tweaking pages so that we could look into this?

Anthony
    Participant

Sure, here they are

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you are using a VisualGDB edition that does not support hardware tracing.

The J-Trace functionality is supported starting from the Custom edition. You can always upgrade your existing license via this page. If you would like to try it before upgrading, please contact our sales for a trial extension voucher.

Anthony
    Participant

Okay, thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.