IntelliSense update problem

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB IntelliSense update problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Han Vertegaal
    Participant

Whenever I try to edit a project (VS2013), that was created from existing source, a messagebox shows up with the text: ‘Please wait while IntelliSense and browsing information are updated…’. I can cancel the message, but VS2013 is locked up and I need to use the task manager to kill the process.
    The project is configured to compile on a BeagleBone, and is part of a solution that also contains a nodeJS project. When I edit files in the nodeJS project, the IntelliSense problem does not occur.
    Can I (or should I) disable IntelliSense?

ket
    Participant

Hi,

This looks like a Visual Studio issue. Have you tried waiting until the IntelliSense information is updated? Maybe this will help the message not repeat, as usually the IntelliSense information is generated only once when the project without the cached IntelliSense information is opened. This can take several minutes for a large project. Any subsequent usage of the same project should not have this message come up as any IntelliSense updates should be small and done in the background.

You can try disabling IntelliSense, but there may be no good way to turn IntelliSense completely off. It is possible to turn certain features off, but this may not affect IntelliSense information caching that your issue seems to be about. Disabling IntelliSense will not affect building or debugging your projects, however text editor features such as code suggestion will not be available.

Han Vertegaal
    Participant

The IntelliSense update lasted indefinitely (at least more than half a day). I created a new empty C++ project, and that had the same problem. A repair of VS2013 finally solved the problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.