Intellisense stopped working

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Intellisense stopped working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sidprice
    Participant

I am working on an embedded project and Intelliense has been working, however this afternoon it no longer works. I have looked at my too options but it is still enabled. How can I fix this please, it is very annoying not to have it.

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s hard to say what could be causing this without seeing further details. One cause could be the header directories. Regenerating the project settings (e.g. by changing the MCU forth and back) could resolve this.

If it does not help, please let us know the exact details of the errors you are getting and we will help you.

sidprice
    Participant

Thanks, however that did not help. There is no error I just don’t get any Intellisense “prompts when I am typing code. I suspect that I may have changed an option somewhere by accident. One thing I remember was a small colorful horizontal toolbar that popped up, perhaps I clicked on it by accident. However I don’t seem to be able to get it to appear again and I cannot find a setting to turn this back on.

I did not change any project options just before this happened, this is aproject I have been working on for several months now.

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try pressing ‘Ctrl-Tab’ while typing your code to activate IntelliSense popup explicitly. If it helps, please click the lightning icon at the bottom of the popup to enable the “show suggestions as you type” mode.

sidprice
    Participant

That opens a popup but not the Intellisense popup. It shows the active tool window and active files list.

Sid.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, that was Ctrl-Space, not Ctrl-Tab.

sidprice
    Participant

Much better, I get suggestions but I don’t see any methods or variables from my project.

Sid

sidprice
    Participant

I think I may have got it. Using the dark theme it is impossible to know when an option is selected so I had to try each button in the toolbar until I got the result I expected.

Sid.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. We will consider making the button state more explicit for the dark theme.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.