Intellisense Light bulb: "… is missing build generated headers"

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Intellisense Light bulb: "… is missing build generated headers"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    artieTwelve
    Participant

I cannot find a way to get rid of the Intellisense Light Bulb warning at the top of the editor screen. Building does not remove it, so I guess VS is not finding the headers for some reason. I don’t know if this is specific to VSGDB or not, but I can get it go away temporary by going to the “VisualGDB Project Properties /Intellisense Settings/Automatic discovery of missing header files”  and then changing to “Enabled with no notification”.

It will be removed until the next time I click on the editor. I realize this is a minor deal, but I’m tired of looking at it.

Photo attached.

Thanks,

Lance Smith

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is specific to ESP-IDF projects; until you build it for the first time, it will be missing the configuration header, so IntelliSense will show random errors and will fail to understand valid code constructs, hence VisualGDB shows a warning. Just building the project for the first time should get rid of this.

dzRBRglobal
    Participant

I have same problem after build the notification is still there. I am on 5.4 preview 10

support
    Keymaster
    dzRBRglobal
    Participant

Hi there,

Thank you for immediate reply. I tried the build you post. The notification disappeared. But I found I can not debug.

I tried clean my project and rebuild, but no luck. There is an error message “The break point will not currently be hit. Can not resolve break point location ”

My visual studio is ver 15.9.3

visualgdb is ver 5.4 preview 10 2617

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This might be a remnant from the old Cygwin-based toolchain. Please try installing the latest ESP32 toolchain and create the project from scratch. If this solves the problem, please re-import your project into VisualGDB.

dzRBRglobal
    Participant

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I revert to 5.4 build 2557 and now I can compile and set break point without problem.

I will try preview 10 later, if I have time

Thanks again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.