Installation program blocked b/c of "server issues"

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Installation program blocked b/c of "server issues"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi. Even though my virus protection is set to a relatively low level I get “the program has been blocked” pop ups. The anti-virus software made the decision to block because of “server issues”. Is WinCDEmu connected to a remote server? Before I reinstalled my OS (Win XP pro) I didn’t have this problem. I have been using the WinCDEmu for years.

Should I turn off the virus protection temporarily for the installation or choose another emulator? Advice needed, but I take full responsibility for any damages, of course. 😀

(Virus protection software is F-secure set to “normal/medium”)

Mattias

support
    Keymaster

It seems to me that modern antiviruses get closer and closer to the approach “every program that does not have a certificate bought from me is a virus”.
    Are you using Portable WinCDEmu, or the normal WinCDEmu? Can you also tell when exactly does F-Secure pop up the alert and what is the exact error message text, so I could look it up in google?

Anonymous
    Participant

Don’t bother using this crappy program, contains viruses, adware, trojans, etc. Just after installing from this site, I noticed a file trying to open IE (i uninstalled it so it failed) and after looking through my computer, noticed several programs that were trying to spy on me, make me think they weren’t what they were, etc. One great example is a program called dxdiag.exe. Problem was, dxdiag is a dialog box that show directx information and does not take up 350+MB of ram, but rather on the amount of a couple MB. I would leave this site and not return unless they can fix the adware, trojans, spyware, etc.

A few programs spying were “core.exe” “dxdiag.exe”

Just run away from here fast you can

(btw, this program failed to run properly for me, by setting a different disc type then i selected…)

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s hard to tell where you got all the malware you are mentioning, but certainly not from the WinCDEmu site. Unlike many other vendors we don’t embed any toolbars or adware in WinCDEmu. WinCDEmu is supported purely through ads on its website and download page. You may have clicked at an ad that linked to some adware; if you believe it’s a malware, please give a link to the site you downloaded it from to Google AdSense support so that they can ban it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.