Install on multiple systems

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Install on multiple systems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BitFlipper
    Participant

Hi,

I have a license for VisualGDB Custom Edition. My dev environment is spread out over 2 workstations and at least 1 Windows VM (I sometimes have to work remotely). However I get an error saying I have used “all of my 1 concurrent installations” when I try to enter the license into additional installations.

For most software, a single license allows installation onto multiple systems owned by the same person. Is this not the case with VGDB? If not, how much would it cost to buy additional licenses? I have a feeling this is probably going to be too expensive. If that is the case I would probably need to look for alternatives to VGDB because I can’t justify paying for 3 licenses.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this is by design. As our license price includes technical support and we are not able to check who is physically using each installation, we have to limit the amount of parallel activations to the amount of purchased seats.

We offer quantity discounts starting from 10 seats, however otherwise each extra seat will cost the regular license price. We understand that this might be annoying, however otherwise we would simply not be able to provide technical support to all our customers as the amount of support required by large teams would never be covered by a single license cost.

BitFlipper
    Participant

Ok that doesn’t make much sense to me.

In that case, can you tell me how to deactivate/reactivate the license for an installation so that I can enable just the specific one I need to work on at the time?

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by BitFlipper.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, please contact our support via the support form with your key details and we will review your case and provide further instructions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.