Import Esp8266 Arduino projects and/or libraries

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Import Esp8266 Arduino projects and/or libraries

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  support 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem and good to know it works. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to contact us again.

Was support added in “VisualGDB 5.4 Preview” for this? If not, will it be supported later?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, not yet. We have done preliminary research and will include this in v5.4, but it isn’t available in Preview 1 yet (and likely won’t be included in Preview 2 that will be focused on J-Trace support).

ERICRAC
    Participant

On my side, i will by VisualGDB when ESP32/8266 arduino library will be available.

gojimmypi
    Participant

After adding my support ticket regarding the Prerelease 1 ESP-IDF support I noticed this topic is fairly similar – in particular the  problem with include files. Although I too, am very interested in the Arduino library support, I’ve created a sample project showing that the include file feature is in general not working as intuitively as one might expect. For more info – see this sample on GitHub:

https://github.com/gojimmypi/EmbeddedProject8

Perhaps this is a feature request: to honor the Project Properties “Additional Include Files” – instead of adding as components? (although I’ve also not been able to successfully add the sample TestLibrary as a component, either.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, we have improved the ESP-IDF include file handling in the upcoming Preview 2. We still have a few minor issues to polish before releasing it officially, but if you don’t want to wait, feel free to try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.1.2157.msi

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.