Import Esp8266 Arduino projects and/or libraries

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Import Esp8266 Arduino projects and/or libraries

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem and good to know it works. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to contact us again.

Was support added in “VisualGDB 5.4 Preview” for this? If not, will it be supported later?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, not yet. We have done preliminary research and will include this in v5.4, but it isn’t available in Preview 1 yet (and likely won’t be included in Preview 2 that will be focused on J-Trace support).

ERICRAC
    Participant

On my side, i will by VisualGDB when ESP32/8266 arduino library will be available.

gojimmypi
    Participant

After adding my support ticket regarding the Prerelease 1 ESP-IDF support I noticed this topic is fairly similar – in particular the  problem with include files. Although I too, am very interested in the Arduino library support, I’ve created a sample project showing that the include file feature is in general not working as intuitively as one might expect. For more info – see this sample on GitHub:

https://github.com/gojimmypi/EmbeddedProject8

Perhaps this is a feature request: to honor the Project Properties “Additional Include Files” – instead of adding as components? (although I’ve also not been able to successfully add the sample TestLibrary as a component, either.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, we have improved the ESP-IDF include file handling in the upcoming Preview 2. We still have a few minor issues to polish before releasing it officially, but if you don’t want to wait, feel free to try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.1.2157.msi

JeffGray
    Participant

After a 15 month hiatus, I am back to working with the ESP32.  I just renewed my VisualGDB license in the hopes that V5.4 would provide more support for using existing arduino libraries.  I would like to also take advantage of freertos, xTaskCreate, etc. rather than being constrained by the general format of .ino code.

Are there any tutorials for how to include arduino libraries?  I went to github and downloaded arduino-esp32-master so that I could get the latest libraries.  Ultimately I would like to use code such as what was developed by Adafruit for the BMP280 sensor, rather than starting from scratch.  I had written a tutorial myself (mentioned earlier in this thread) but I find that it no longer works.

support
    Keymaster

Welcome back!

Please try updating to VisualGDB 5.4R6. We have recently added support for importing the ESP32 Arduino core into the ESP-IDF projects (see this tutorial).

Generally, the internal structure of ESP-IDF and other related components changes very fast, so the steps that worked for a specific version may stop working for future ESP-IDF releases.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.