How to install nRF5x IoT SDK on visual GDB?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How to install nRF5x IoT SDK on visual GDB?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AnujaMutalik
    Participant

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to install nRF51 IoT SDK on visual GDB ?

Thanks ,
    Anuja

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are actually working on supporting the new IoT SDK out-of-the-box and expect to release a BSP for it in the next couple of months.

If you want to set it up manually, please refer to the following thread for a discussion about the SDK. https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/nrf5x-iot-sdk-setup-in-visualgdb/

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by support.
    AnujaMutalik
    Participant

Hi,

I want to set it up manually. Could you please give me link to the thread which you mentioned above?

Thanks,
    Anuja

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, sorry, looks like the link did not get inserted properly first: https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/nrf5x-iot-sdk-setup-in-visualgdb/

AnujaMutalik
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the link. Actually, I only had posted that question.

I have been successful in adding all IOT specific files to current SDK on visual GDB. But it seems there is some issue with softdevice. The IOT SDK expects ‘IOT softdevcie’, whereas the SDK on visual GDB has s130. So how can I change this s130 to ‘IOT softdevice’ ? I have hex file and .o file for ‘IOT softdevice’. How can I use them with visual GDB?

Thank you for the support.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

In order to use a custom softdevice in your VisualGDB project, you will need to do 2 steps:

1. Convert the softdevice from the .hex format to a .o file (see nRF51\SoftdeviceLibraries\ConvertSoftdevice.bat)
    2. Modify your linker script to have correct addresses/sizes for the softdevice FLASH/RAM and program FLASH/RAM (you can take those from the linker scripts in the IoT SDK).
    3. Change the name of the .o file with the softdevice mentioned in the linker script (inside the GROUP() statement).

AnujaMutalik
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you very much for the guidelines. I have performed all above steps. But now I am getting ‘connection_handler missing’ error in all of the SVCALL instructions of BLE. Could you tell me reason of these errors and how to solve them?

AnujaMutalik
    Participant

Hi,

I have one more question.

I am trying to integrate IoT SDK with the current version of SDK on visual GDB. I am trying to make CoAP protocol files run. I am using all IoT specific files and IoT softdevice’ files from new IoT SDK. Will it work in this way? There won’t be any version mismatch between IoT softdevice’ and current SDK ?

Thanks ,
    Anuja

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is something that the Nordic guys should know much better than us. Their softdevice is closed-source, so it’s hard to say how compatible different versions are. Please consider contacting the Nordic support or asking on their forums.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.