How do you enable the 64-bit version of CppEngineHost.exe in Preview 2?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How do you enable the 64-bit version of CppEngineHost.exe in Preview 2?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Ophidian14
    Participant

I can’t find an option anywhere, and the engine still shows up in Task Manager as CppEngineHost.exe*32.  The engine crashes for me pretty regularly due to out of memory conditions so I’d like to enable this new functionality as soon as possible.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can enable it via Tools->Options->Text Editors->C/C++ (VisualGDB)->Other->Use 64-bit Clang Engine. Note that you will need to reopen your solution in order for this setting to take effect.

Ophidian14
    Participant

Okay.  On preview 2 I am seeing repeated crashes in CppEngineHost but I don’t have the opportunity to submit a trouble report unlike before..  I just get the attached crash.  What’s the best way to get you information?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This could be related to a recently fixed bug in the 64-bit engine. Please try downloading this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.3.2.1620.msi

If the crashes still happen, please try deleting the CodeDB directory and reopening the solution.

Ophidian14
    Participant

Sorry, did both of those things but still crashing.  I’ve collected a file “WERA71D.tmp.hdmp”, 227MB.  Can I make it available somehow?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The easiest way would be to upload the file to DropBox or other file sharing service and send us a link via our support form.

Ophidian14
    Participant

I submitted my core dump through the support site’s attachment feature.  Did you get it?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

So far we don’t have any tickets associated with your email address (and no unanswered tickets with crash dumps). Please try re-submitting it.

Ophidian14
    Participant

Okay I also submitted a second ticket immediately after the first ticket, simply asking if the first was received.  You didn’t receive that one either?  I will try contacting the support email.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, still did not receive anything. Are you using the support form here [http://sysprogs.com/support/]?

Could you please post the ticket number from the confirmation page shown after you create a support ticket so that we could look it up?

Ophidian14
    Participant

Sorry, I think I see the problem now.  I was submitting tickets with Firefox and getting Javascript errors and no confirmation page.   Submitting a test ticket through Chrome succeeded.

Ophidian14
    Participant

Thank you for contacting us.

A support ticket request (#673066) has been created and a representative will be getting back to you shortly if necessary.

Support Team

Ophidian14
    Participant

Thank you for contacting us.

A support ticket request (#136123) has been created and a representative will be getting back to you shortly if necessary.

Support Team

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the dump files, it looks like a memory corruption bug. In order to diagnose it, please try the debug build of the engine: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/CppEngineCore64.7z

Once it triggers an error (or an assertion), please create another dump file and send it to us.

P.S. Please use a file hosting service like DropBox (you can encrypt the .7z file and specify the password in the support ticket) instead of attaching large files to the tickets. Large attachments slow down the helpdesk system we are using and hence we limit the attachment size to 4 MB.

Ophidian14
    Participant

I would but Dropbox and Google Drive are blocked at my work.  Do you have any suggestions about which hosting site I might use besides those.

I have the debug build and am trying to reproduce.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.