How do I use lastest ESP-IDF?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How do I use lastest ESP-IDF?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    theflyingzephyr
    Participant

I am trying to use BLE features on an ESP32, but it looks like your ESP-IDF toolchain does not include the required files even though you provide an example template for BLE support. I have been trying to integrate the current ESP-IDF bits from Github but it’s a real bear figuring out what to add and chasing down references. Is there an easier more automated way to do this? Perhaps you have tools or a process that you use to do this?

If you would like to provide a new toolchain based on current ESP-IDF bits it would be great, but if you won’t be doing that anytime soon then could you please give me some guidance on how to do it myself?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We usually only officially support major releases of the ESP-IDF, as the in-between versions that introduce new functionality often also break old features.

As the ESP-IDF is being developed very rapidly, we have actually added support for importing projects built directly by esp-idf that does not require an updated BSP from us.

I.e. you can simply replace the contents of the esp-idf.orig directory with the latest version of ESP-IDF and follow this tutorial: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/esp32/esp-idf/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.