Help, virtualbox doesn’t work issue

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Help, virtualbox doesn’t work issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    unicornx
    Participant

Virtualbox 4.0.4
    VirtualKD 2.5.2
    install WindowsXP on guest OS.

Due to automatic installation has failed, I tried Manual installation – B) Static patching (recommended)
    After 4) Reboot your virtual machine and wait for the OS selection dialog. I can see the OS selection dialog, I select the VirtualKD item, but VirtualBox jump to a black screen and not continue.
    Do you ever meet such issue and what’s the problem here?

My boot.ini:

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS=”WinDBG–VirtualKD” /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /DEBUG /DEBUGPORT=VM
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS=”Microsoft Windows XP Professional” /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

support
    Keymaster

VirtualBox is waiting for you to connect a debugger. Start VM monitor (vmmon/vmmon64) and select “run debugger”. Or use VisualDDK to debug directly from Visual Studio.

unicornx
    Participant

Thanks, my foolish, forgot to assign the windbg path. I assumed it would be launched automatically. Can we have a userguide, just for us freshman.

support
    Keymaster

In fact, I am slowly writing a quickstart for complete beginners. Currently you can check out the old VisualDDK guide: http://visualddk.sysprogs.org/quickstart/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.