Help, Virtual does not work with VirtualBox

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Help, Virtual does not work with VirtualBox

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    slover
    Participant

Host OS: WindowsXP
    Virtualbox 4.0.8
    VirtualKD 2.5.2
    install WindowsXP + SP3 on guest OS.

Using automatic installation, and VirtualKD show successful message, after rebooting my virtual machine, I select the VirtualKD item, but VirtualBox jump to a black screen and not continue, meanwhile i also launch the vmmon. Does anyboy encounter this issue or what problem is?

boot.ini:

[boot loader]
    timeout=10
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS=”Microsoft Windows XP Professional [VirtualKD]” /DEBUG /DEBUGPORT=vm /fastdetect /noexecute=optin
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS=”Microsoft Windows XP Professional” /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

The screenshot is in the attachment.

support
    Keymaster

Hi, please select PIX instead of ICH9 chipset.

JamesB
    Participant

Hi bazis, I have tried setting to PIIX3 chipset and it seems to make no difference.
    I have gotten it to the point where it sits waiting and does nothing — when in SOS/Verbose
    mode, it gets down to CLASSPNP.SYS and then does Please Wait… *if* I open it in WinDbg
    then, it gets a bit further, hanging on the Windows NT Multiprocessor screen and then
    turning black. I can get no further.

Does the IO APIC setting or any of those have a required mode?
    I would very much like to use VirtualKD, serial port being *so* slow, but I have had no luck at all getting it to work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.