GDB Session window

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB GDB Session window

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MystikReasons
    Participant

Hello

Every time I debugg the GDB session window opens and even if I close it it pops up again after I debug something again.

Would it be possible that it works like every other window in the debug menu (if you close it its closed until you open it up again manually under the tab: VIEW)?

And I also noticed something strange about the “Inline GDB Stub Output” window

Lets say I change to the “Watch” window after I start debuging and hit F11 (Step Into) it jumps automatically into the “Inline GDB Stub Output” window because its halting.

If I change now again to the “Watch” window and press again F11 its not happening again no matter how many times I press F11.

Could it be changed so that its not jumping into the “Inline GDB Stup Output” window?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by MystikReasons.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can disable the automatic activation of the GDB Session window via Tools->Options->VisualGDB->General->GUI->Don’t Activate GDB Session window.

We have also added an option under General->Debug to ignore the inline gdb stub output to this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.10.2623.msi

MystikReasons
    Participant

Thank you for the implementation of the new option to ignore the stub output as well the way to disable the GDB session window.

It really feels better now to debug 🙂

MystikReasons
    Participant

Hello

Sorry for reviving this thread again but I’ve got a problem with the session window.

I’ve disabled the automatic activation of the GDB session window under: Tools->Options->VisualGDB->General->GUI->Don’t Activate GDB Session window

but in the version: 5.4 Beta 1, Build 2638 it still shows up if I start to debug.

Also if I try to close it, it shows up again in the next debugging session.

The other setting to ignore the inline gdb stub output is working fine.

MystikReasons
    Participant

Update: Also tried Build 2645 and its still the same error.

MystikReasons
    Participant

Update: So I found something interesting under Build 2645.

If I always close the GDB session window while debugging and then restarting it always opens it up again and focuses on it.

But if I just change the tab for example to “Autos” and then restarting its not changing to the GDB session window.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this behavior has always been in place the GDB Session window is internally used by VisualGDB’s logic to display the status of various operations and will be created when starting the debug session if you closed it. As a workaround, please simply keep it in the background. As long as the “don’t activate the gdb session window” flag is set, the window will stay in the background and won’t interfere with your debug workflow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.