June 12, 2018 at 18:12 #21076
I updated to VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 3 to fix the issue mentioned here: https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/exception-in-vs2010/
I no longer have the original issue but the property pages are garbled as shown in the attached file. The display was not perfect before but now it is unusable…
- This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by bernardofca.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.June 13, 2018 at 05:24 #21082
No problem, please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-22.214.171.1246.msiJune 13, 2018 at 19:03 #21085
This is much improved. The “Makefile settings” is now showing correctly. This helps! I still see 3 issues:
- The fist time I click on “VisualGDB Project Properties” the page that is displayed is bigger than the screen. I see a few applications that do that. This is annoying as I need to grab the top of the page to shrink it.
- The “Embedded Project” page is still not showing correctly: too much spacing and no elevator on the right (see vgdb1.png)
- On the “Additional Memories” pages, the titles are truncated at the bottom (see vgdb2.png). If I add memory, the data is also truncated.
- This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by bernardofca. Reason: Spelling
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.June 15, 2018 at 04:40 #21119
The visual issues you are describing come from the incompatibility between the WinForms framework used by older parts of VisualGDB and the modern high-DPI displays. We are gradually switching the VisualGDB GUI to the newer WPF framework that is 100% compatible with the new displays, so we only fix the legacy WinForms GUI if it becomes completely unusable.
That said, we have recently switched the Embedded Project Properties page to WPF, please try this build (please note that it is not 100% tested and may introduce new bugs).
If the VisualGDB Project Properties window is still too large on the first run, please check the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\GUIPreferences.xml file and let us know if there is any correlation between the LastKnownPropertyWindowRectangle values there and the window location/size (e.g. if the stored values appear multiplied by some factor).June 15, 2018 at 19:09 #21136
The Embedded Project page is now usable! The only comment I would have is that it does not use the same style as other pages (minor inconvenient). Normal style is to have headers in Bold letters on a light gray background. Fonts also look different.
I could not reproduce the “page too big” problem because it seems that the problem goes away after I rescale for the first time.
Hopefully that version is not too buggy because this is what I am going to use!June 15, 2018 at 20:15 #21137
Good to know it works. We will unify the styles of the pages after we convert most of the settings pages to WPF (they will inherit the Visual Studio color theme just like the new wizards). Before that, the WPF-based pages and WinForms-based pages will indeed look slightly differently, sorry.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.