[fixed] Itunes and WINCDEMU incompatable

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu [fixed] Itunes and WINCDEMU incompatable

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    michael.luttkus
    Participant

After a full night of testing on a brand new clean install of Win 7 64 bit, I can confirm, as you may know, that there is an incompatabliilty problem with iTunes and Wincdemu.

The problem seems to be, as stated everywhere on the forum, GearASPIWdm, but it may be more then just that.

I have a fresh install of windows 7, and the only 2 things installed are Wincdemu, and iTunes. Wincdemu was working before itunes, and does not work after the install of itunes. I stopped all apple services, and it still didn’t work. I even tried deleting the GearASPIWdm driver, and it still didn’t fix it.

After completely uninstalling all Apple software, wincdemu works like a charm.

Any ideas on how to get both iTunes and winCdemu to work at the same time?

michael.luttkus
    Participant

After using devcon (devcon classfilter cdrom upper !GEARAspiWDM) it now works, but iTunes is still panicing when I start it.

Anonymous
    Participant

Yes, I tried installing this program on a reasonably fresh win7 install that has itunes and the geardvd registry filter, when I tried to install wincdemu the finding of drivers timed out and the program (wincdemu) was very hard to uninstall. I updated the geardvd drivers using this link http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.php but then my itunes started doing windows is configuring itunes every time it started, luckily after a few restarts this stopped.

Anonymous
    Participant

This is a real shame as WinCDemu looked like a program that I really wanted to use, but not at the expense of having to registry hack and cripple itunes.

Anonymous
    Participant

iTunes is not “crippled” when the GEARaspiWDM filter is removed. iTunes will complain, but then start and run. The ONLY thing it will not do without its dll is burn a CD. Once you restore the filter, iTunes starts and runs without complaint. NOTE! You do not have to delete the dll … just remove/restore the filter in the registry. I use three batch files for this. One to test for the filter and start WinCDemu if okay. One to remove the filter before running WinCDemu. One to restore the filter after running WinCDemu. (Notice I renamed the program WinCDemulator to drop the Beta label – and “emu” is a bird anyway 🙂 )

@echo off

reg query HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} /v /f GEARAspiWDM /d>nul
    if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto docmd

echo.
    echo WARNING! Conflicting GEAR driver found in UpperFilters.
    echo This will prevent CD emulator from running.
    echo You must run "remove gear driver" before CD emulator.
    echo.
    pause
    exit

:docmd
    start /b winCDemulator.exe

@echo off

reg query HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} /v /f GEARAspiWDM /d
    if ERRORLEVEL 0 goto remove
    echo GEAR driver not found - no change made
    goto endit

:remove
    reg delete HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} /v UpperFilters
    if ERRORLEVEL 0 goto removed
    echo error removing GEAR driver
    goto endit

:removed
    echo.
    echo GEAR driver removed
    echo.

:endit
    pause

@echo off

reg query HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} /v /f GEARAspiWDM /d
    if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto add
    echo GEAR driver found - no change made
    goto endit

:add
    reg add HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} /v UpperFilters /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d GEARAspiWDM
    if ERRORLEVEL 0 goto added
    echo error adding GEAR driver
    goto endit

:added
    echo.
    echo GEAR driver added
    echo.

:endit
    pause
    support
    Keymaster

Fixed in version 3.4

Anonymous
    Participant

confirmed. this is fixed in 3.4 thank you very much!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.