Feature Request: USB Device Aliases

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Feature Request: USB Device Aliases

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bflannery
    Participant

I often find myself with 4 – 6 debuggers attached to different devices. It would be pretty neat if I could associate a more verbose name with each one of my debuggers instead of having to look at serial numbers or move cables around. With how cheap ST-Link mini’s are I would rather just leave each one wired in-situ for each device on my bench.

Otherwise I have really been enjoying the software thus far and it has made a big difference in my productivity.

Thanks,

Bryan

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, it indeed looks like a useful feature. We will look further into it and will post an update here next week.

support
    Keymaster

OK, we have added support for debug interface tags to this build: VisualGDB-5.6.109.4816.msi. You can now click the tag icon next to the serial number and VisualGDB will allow entering an arbitrary tag that will be associated with this specific device and always displayed in the list:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    bflannery
    Participant

That was quick, and works great.

The one suggestion I would make is to duplicate that “(description)” in the dropdown so you can see at a glance which debugger is selected. Nice work!

example

support
    Keymaster

No worries, it looked like a great feature to add.

We’ve added the tag display in the selected interface field to the following build, feel free to try it out: VisualGDB-5.6.109.4823.msi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.