Feature request: integration with "Go to ALL"

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Feature request: integration with "Go to ALL"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vasily
    Participant

Hi,

I am using “Quick Debug with GDB” feature. It is really cool!

But when I need to open some file on target machine, I need to  go to “gdb session window” and select item “show list of all files”.

This is not intuitive.

Is it possible to use generic VS mechanism, like “Goto All” (<Ctrl+T> or <Ctrl+,> hotkeys) to filter remote files obtained by GDB ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Long-term we are planning to add a tool window (similar to Solution Explorer) that will let you easily browse through files seen by the gdb (with filter). However this feature will not make it into the upcoming v5.4, sorry.

vasily
    Participant

Hi,

No I do not mean something like solution explorer. it is not good to search files when you are working with large project with many thousands files (Qt5 for example)

I am about searching tool, (idally integrate it to “goto all” tool).

See youtube video, what goto all mean:

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have quickly checked the internals of the Go to All mechanism and it looks it depends on some undocumented interfaces implemented by the regular Visual Studio project types. We might be able to support something similar during quick debug (by exposing a virtual pseudo-project), however we won’t be able to fit this into the upcoming v5.4, sorry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.