Existing include files not found

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Existing include files not found

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gkrusi
    Participant

Hello!

I’m trying to build a bootloader to update firmware from USB key on STM32F407VG device. I included HAL, USB Device and USB Host Library in Embedded Framework. After including USB Libraries I always get errors following one after another, that some header files are missing. I tried to add those files manually, but now I came to the file “usbd_cdc.h”, which I have included and is visible in Solution Explorer, but compiler always return error “No such file or directory”. I also tried to build an empty project, but problem is the same.

So first question I have is why would included Framework libraries report missing files just after including? I’d expect that all needed files would be referenced correctly by VisualGDB?

How can it be, that the file is included in the project in Solution Explorer and referenced in IntelliSense, but still reporting the error, that it’s missing?

Thank you for any suggestions,

Gregor

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by gkrusi.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The include directories are handled separately from the .h files in Solution Explorer.

The easiest way to resolve this is to update to VisualGDB 5.2 Beta 4 and let it find the missing header files automatically.

gkrusi
    Participant

I’ve done the upgrade. Is there any special way to force finding header files? Because the problem is still the same. I have IntelliSense automatic discovery enabled.

I tried to build brand new project again and the problem is again the same; after enabling STM32 USB Device Library I get missing file “usbd_conf.h” etc. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by gkrusi.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have just published a tutorial showing how to use the header discovery: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/intellisense/headers/

If this does not help, please attach a screenshot of your Visual Studio showing the Errors pane and the text editor for the source file that has the missing headers.

Please note that the new feature only works if you are using the Clang IntelliSense.

gkrusi
    Participant

I have Clang IntelliSense enabled and version 5.2 beta 4 installed, but can’t find this import feature. Could it be that it’s not supported in only Embeded version?

Problem about USB libraries:

If I just try to create new Embeded project for device STM32F407VG, with Newlib-nano and exmaple USB Communication Device MSC I get an example project which can’t be directly builded. Any other similar configuration also creates similar errors.

First missing file found is reported like:  Error    1    error :  usbd_cdc.h: No such file or directory  in line 6, column  24

If I try to add this file manually from my computer I get same error for some other file etc. until I give up. So I guess some libraries must be included wrong.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The USB communication device example only supports the CDC (communication device) class. The mass storage class requires completely different source files.

Please update to the final release of VisualGDB 5.2, then update your STM32 BSP to the latest version. Then you will be able to select “Show STM32CubeMX samples” on the Sample Selection page and pick the “FatFS_USBDisk” example that shows the use of the mass storage class.

Regarding the ‘import recursively’ command, it’s only supported in the Custom edition and higher. If you are using the Embedded or Linux edition, you can add the files manually (one directory at a time). The header discovery will still work as shown in the tutorial.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.