Execute bash shell script

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Execute bash shell script

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hfrmobile
    Participant

Executing bash shell script on the build host fails with a “directory invalid” error message. I recognized the reason: VisualGDB forgets the machine provided with “Run on remote computer”:

Visual GDB project settings: Custom Build Steps / After building

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Action type:</span> Run a custom command line
    <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> Command:</span> ./test.shArguments:
    <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> Working directory:</span> ….
    <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> (*) Run on a remote computer:</span> Main build  machine (hfr@192.168.x.y)

Looks like a bug for me: When opening the “Edit Custom Action” dialog the “Run on a remote computer” field is blank. When I cancel the dialog, the action still works.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by hfrmobile.
    hfrmobile
    Participant

Btw, the forum has also a bug: Sometimes it shows the HTML code instead of doing it (e.g. underline text – see above).

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. This usually happens when the ‘working directory’ field was left empty and not related to changing the remote machine. We agree this is confusing and will add better handling for this in the next release.

Regarding the forum, it’s a known bug of the forum engine we are using. As a workaround, please paste the text to Notepad, then copy it to clipboard again and paste it on the forum. This should clear all extra formatting and work around this.

hfrmobile
    Participant

Thank you for your response!

This is happening to me even when Working Directory is not empty and contains a valid value:

$(DeployDir)/VisualGDB/c/Development/xxx/trunk/Proj/xxx

I do verify the correctness of the directory by opening the “Folder Browser” which then points to the correct directory on the remote machine.

The bash script runs on the remove machine correctly. But when opening the “Edit Custom Action” dialog the “Remote Machine” field is empty (when hitting Cancel – everything works fine; when hitting OK then the remote machine setting will be overwritten by “blank value”.

How can I avoid that the “Remote Machine” will be emptied when opening the “Edit Custom Action” dialog?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by hfrmobile.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by hfrmobile.
    hfrmobile
    Participant

FYI: when changing the directory to /tmp/VisualGDB/c/Development/xxx/trunk/Proj/xxx it is automatically changed to $(DeployDir)/VisualGDB/c/Development/xxx/trunk/Proj/xxx

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a bug. Could you let us know where do you edit that custom action? Is it a part of the custom pre-build/pre-debug actions or something else?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.