ESP8266

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP8266

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jhinkle
    Participant

The ESP8266 RTOS libraries you supply are old and do not allow igmp to operate.

Espressif posted updates to 4 libs that need to up replaced.

I used their updates and multicast UDP now works.

Thought you would like to know in case anyone is having issues in that area.

I also recompiled the RTOS SDK myself and the recompiled libs also allow igmp to work.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. We actually used the latest SDK from Espressif. Could you post a link to the update you have used so that we could include it in our toolchain as well?

jhinkle
    Participant

Yes and no …

Here is the link …  http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1058

but all is not well.  The 4 libs DO allow multicast UDP messages to be received but the system locks up after 10 minutes or more.  The libs YOU provide do NOT lock the system but don’t allow multicast either.

I just posted to the espressif link above stating the issue I discovered during my testing … the post is under review so not visible at the time I am writing this.

I suggest you note that IGMP does not work with the SDK you provide but don’t jump right now at replacing them with the download identified on the link because it has a serious bug somewhere.

I’ll let you know if espressif releases a bug-free RTOS with igmp working.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Cool. Thanks for the link. It currently looks like just a development build rather than an official release, so we are a bit hesitant to replace the previous RTOS libraries in the toolchain as it may introduce more bugs, especially given that it’s very easy to replace those manually after the installation. Once there is an official release from Espressif, we will gladly include it in our toolchain.

jhinkle
    Participant

When you say you are using the latest RTOS release — is it this one:http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1827
    <h2 class=”topic-title”>[RTOS SDK Release] ESP8266_RTOS_SDK_v1.4.0_16_02_28</h2>
    Thanks

jhinkle
    Participant

Never mind — answered my own question.

I found the SDK version shown via the debug port — they are the same.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.