Error installing v5.5 Preview 7

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Error installing v5.5 Preview 7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    m.ridoni
    Participant

Hello, I was trying to install the above-mentioned version, but it wouldn’t install: the installer terminates with an error like “The specified user already exists”. I tried to reinstall the last 5.4 package and does the same. My support license is still valid (it will expire in September).

What should I do?

BTW: the reason I was trying to upgrade is that I was trying to solve a problem with ESP-IDF 4.2 (missing python dependencies, like gdbgui).

support
    Keymaster
    m.ridoni
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try it later. Do you know if 5.5 Preview 7 will help me with the problem I was having with ESP-iDF 4.2?

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Based on our experience, the pre-release ESP-IDF versions, such as v4.2, are extremely unreliable and can be difficult to configure. They also change the internal structure relatively often, so we do not support them until they reach the “release candidate” stage (see this page for a list of stable releases). You can try troubleshooting it at your own risk, but if it turns out not working, please follow the instructions from the second link we posted earlier to get to the latest stable version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.