DirectSSH sample works, but target hangs after a minute or so

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualKernel DirectSSH sample works, but target hangs after a minute or so

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    maiorfi
    Participant

Hi. I succeeded in following https://sysprogs.com/VisualKernel/tutorials/directssh/ sample using two VirtualBox Ubuntu 17 machines, but after having run a debugging session without hiccups (breakpoint, printk tracing, etc.) for a minute or so, suddenly target machine hangs, and I have to reset it in order to start a new debug session.

What could be the cause of that issue?

Thanks!

maiorfi
    Participant

…I don’t know if it is relevant, but the last line I can read on VisualKernel Program Output (just below log line printed by module_init function) is “rfkill: input handler disabled”.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The debug part of the Linux kernel is relatively buggy – unless you are using JTAG or the VMWare debug stub that runs outside the kernel, the debugging functionality will run inside the kernel and may eventually lock up when the debugger-related logic tries to access some kernel resources that are used by some other part. VisualKernel does its best working around known instances of this, however there are still many cases when debugging is not reliable.

For best debugging experience we recommend using the VMware GDB stub that runs outside the kernel.

maiorfi
    Participant

Hi. I tried same test on a VMWare virtual machine target, and it works a treat!

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.