"Delete remote copies of removed files" doesn't seem to work

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB "Delete remote copies of removed files" doesn't seem to work

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BitFlipper
    Participant

Hi,

I have “Delete remote copies of removed files” checked in the Project settings, however it doesn’t appear to work as expected. E.G. if I move a source file from one folder to another on the local system and then do a rebuild, the source file will now be in two locations on the remote system (I checked and it also doesn’t work if I just delete a file). I have to manually keep the source files in sync. Sometimes when there are too many changes like these, I just delete the whole source tree on the remote system and then do a rebuild as it is easier that way. It would be nice if the remote sources were truly kept in sync.

Am I misunderstanding what this option is supposed to do, or it is a bug?

Thanks in advance!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please enable verbose output via Tools->Options->VisualGDB and build the project. Then rename/delete one of the files and check the build output for the “Checking for previously transferred files that no longer exist…” line. If it is present in the build log, please let us know the subsequent lines. If not, please double-check that the .vgdbsettings file sets DeleteDisappearedFiles to true.

Also you can reproduce it on a basic “Hello, world” project, you can simply send it to us and we will investigate it on our side.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.