Debug/program error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Debug/program error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dbostream
    Participant

Hello,

I thought I would get in to the world of embedded programming and since I have a lot of experience working in Visual Studio I thought VisualGDB was a perfect fit.

After installing the 30-day trial version I unfortunately stumbled upon some problems almost straight away. I am trying to use a NUCLEO-F303K8 board and this turorial but on the step where I can test the OpenOCD settings I get the following error:

These are the settings I am trying to use:

I also tried to program the board using ST-LINK utility but for some reason it doesn’t detect my device so I cannot connect. I can however connect in order to upgrade the ST-LINK firmware but that is about it. Perhaps these problems are related?

Any ideas how to solve these problems? Please ask if there is some more information needed.

BR
    Daniel

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This could happen if your firmware is putting the CPU to the sleep mode.

Please try the steps described in the following tutorial to enable the “connect under reset” mode: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/stm32/sleep/

dbostream
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I managed to find the cause of the problem and it was rather embarrassing. The jumper that was included with the board was originally placed between GND and pin D2 but by mistake, after removing it at some point, I put it back between GND and pin NRST. I removed the jumper and the OpenOCD test succeeds now. I can also connect successfully with ST-LINK utility.

So after a whole day wasted I can now begin what I set out to do in the first place. 🙂

BR
    Daniel

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. If you encounter further issues, feel free to contact us again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.