Debugging and Deploying Via Serial Port Question

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Debugging and Deploying Via Serial Port Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dmitryponv
    Participant

Good afternoon,

I am trying to build an application for BeagleBoneBlack using VisualGDB, and the only problem I have is that I need to use the onboard Ethernet (usb0) to communicate with a linux machine, but I’m doing code development on a windows machine. Instead of transferring the files and having to re-connect usb0 (which is an ethernet adapter) I would like to be able to program the beaglebone via the 6 pin serial header. Is this possible with VisualGDB?

I could use the other ethernet adapter (eth0), but its very buggy and sometimes shuts down. Also when I open sockets and exit the software incorrectly, it forces me to restart the device to re-connect to it, with a serial connection I would not have to do this.

So, if it’s possible, how can I connect and debug my beaglebone with VisualGDB through a serial connection?

Thanks,
    -D

support
    Keymaster

Unfortunately this scenario is not supported „out of the box“, as there is no standard way of sending files and forwarding GDBServer output via the COM port at the same time.
    However if you believe it’s a major timesaver, you could make a tool that would do that and configure VisualGDB to debug using it. Let us know if you need more details about this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.