Creating project for at91sam7

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Creating project for at91sam7

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bremen
    Participant

Hello there,
    I have encountered a problem when creating a project for embedded device at91sam7x256. At the stage where i am supoosed to choose debug method i see none so i click “install support for additional debug methods” hoping there will be open-ocd or jlink installed. After clicking it im getting a message that there are no additional packages avaible for my target and i need to constact support if i need one.

Has anyone had this problem before?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Which toolchain are you using? Please use our arm-eabi toolchain (it is installed automatically when selected on the toolchain page). Please also note that OpenOCD/J-Link is available starting from VisualGDB 4.0 and won’t work on 3.x.

bremen
    Participant

I have the nevest app and i have installed the toolchain

support
    Keymaster

Can you please create a new project with the default debug method (e.g. GDB simulator) and send us the created files? This will help us analyze your problem and suggest a solution.

Additionally could you please check your firewall settings? Visual Studio process needs to have internet access in order to download additional packages. If this is not possible, we can provide you with instructions on manually downloading and installing those packages.

bremen
    Participant

I cant do anything, firewall and antivirus is off.

(see attachements)

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Based on your screenshots, you are still using version 3.x VisualGDB, please install the latest 4.0 beta from the download page at http://visualgdb.com/download/.

bremen
    Participant

Yes weverythings good now. Thank you :).

bremen
    Participant

Actually it doesnt work…
    I cant build the sample code provided. Here are my errors:

Error	1	error : 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode	A:Dropboxprogramowanievisual_gdbEmbeddedProject1EmbeddedProject1LEDBlink.c	8	3	EmbeddedProject1

Error	2	error MSB3073: The command ""C:Program Files (x86)SysprogsVisualGDBVisualGDB.exe" /build "A:Dropboxprogramowanievisual_gdbEmbeddedProject1EmbeddedProject1EmbeddedProject1.vcxproj" "/solution:A:Dropboxprogramowanievisual_gdbEmbeddedProject1EmbeddedProject1.sln" "/config:Debug" "/platform:Win32"" exited with code 1.	C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	38	6	EmbeddedProject1

Could you please also aid me with this?

ket
    Participant

Hi,

That is a difference between c and c++, and a bug of 4.0. Either rename the file LEDBlink.c to LEDBlink.cpp or move the loop variable declaration before the loop initialization as follows:

int i;
    for (i = 0; i < 1000000; i++)
    bremen
    Participant

Actually i havent noticed that, why didnt compiler tell me?
    Thank you gonna come bqck here after i change it.

ket
    Participant

Hi,

The error message “error : ‘for’ loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode” tells that in the current mode loop initial declarations are not allowed. The compiler sets the compilation mode based on the file endings.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.