CPP newbe

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB CPP newbe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    donvukovic
    Participant

I have got the ESP32DEMO working with the help of folks here. Thank You.

I followed the flow in ../tutorials/esp32 but used the example for wpa2_enterprise.

There is a compiler error that I do not understand:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
    Error        undefined reference to `emac_send_pause_zero_frame_enable’    wpa2    C:\Users\Donald\Documents\visualStudio2017\wpa2\wpa2\VisualGDB\Debug\emac_main.o    1

Error        undefined reference to `emac_send_pause_zero_frame_enable’    wpa2    C:\SysGCC\esp32\esp32-bsp\esp-idf\components\ethernet\emac_main.c    600

Error        ld returned 1 exit status    wpa2    C:\Users\Donald\Documents\visualStudio2017\wpa2\wpa2\collect2    1

The editor can find the inline function call but the compiler can not.

Can someone help a newbe.

Thank You

donvukovic
    Participant

Sorry, the example HTTP Server.

I just called it wpa2_enterprise, without knowing better.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you are missing some source files or libraries. Please try searching the ESP-IDF tree for .c and .a files containing the ‘emac_send_pause_zero_frame_enable' text and then try adding them to your project.

ibrahimdanish
    Participant

I got the same error. It looked like an inline issue. The inline function is located in \SysGCC\esp32\esp32-bsp\esp-idf\components\ethernet\emac_dev.h but the linker couldn’t find it. Can be fixed by setting InlineFunctions to Yes in Project->Properties->C/C++->Optimization->InlineFunctions .

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is a separate issue. Generally ESP32 IDF does not work when built with the disabled optimization (-O0) and requires changing the optimization level to at least -Og. This also fixes the inline functions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.