Could not find part of the file '… .alldeps'

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Could not find part of the file '… .alldeps'

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CurtisHx
    Participant

I deleted my entire local source tree and got latest from our source control server, and now I am getting this error:

“Cout not find part part of the path ‘… .alldeps'” on all of my MsBuild based VisualGDB Projects.

It looks like the FastUpToDateChecks.targets file needs to be updated to skip the fast up to date checks if the .alldeps file does not exist.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The FastUpToDateChecks.targets file actually manages the creation of the alldeps file, not the actual checks.

Could you try manually creating the directory where the .alldeps file is stored (from the error message)? Perhaps some combination of settings is preventing the directory from being created? If this is the case, we can easily fix this.

CurtisHx
    Participant

I updated to the latest version of VisualGDB and that fixed the problem.

CurtisHx
    Participant

Scratch that.  I’m still having this problem.

Manually creating the directory fixed the problem.  The expected location of the .alldeps file is located under TFS control, and I suspect that might be causing VisualGDB to fail to create the file.  VisualGDB is throwing a System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException.

UPDATE: This is only a problem when trying to build from the command line.  Executing “msbuild <project name> /p:Configuration=Release /p:Platform=VisualGDB” dies on the “PrepareFastUpToDateCheckDatabase” step.  Building from within Visual Studio seems to work.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by CurtisHx.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you confirm that creating the directory fixes the command-line build? If yes, we will simply add automatic directory creation to the corresponding MSBuild task.

CurtisHx
    Participant

Correct.  Manually creating the directory fixes this build error.  I added a couple of (empty) folders in source control and our build box no longer fails with the missing .alldeps error.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this. We have added automatic directory creation to our development branch and will include it in the next maintenance release. Please let us know if you want an early hotfix build.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.