Copy Target to Windows after build

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Copy Target to Windows after build

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    StewartWon
    Participant

Hello

I’m using VisualGDB with a Raspberry PI, everything is going well so far, debugging and developing is a breeze.

However, I’m stuck trying to copy the built executable back to windows in the Post build options.

Can anybody point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Stewart

ket
    Participant

Hi,

You can use the Custom post-build actions in VisualGDB Project Properties to copy files automatically after each build. You can also copy the file manually by using VisualGDB’s built-in SSH client in VS from Tools->SSH Host Manager by opening a console to the Raspberry Pi connection and using the SCP menu there.

Also, if you are using the cross-toolchain, then the executable is already on the Windows machine in the project’s directory.

StewartWon
    Participant

Thanks for info.

I can already do it manually  but I just wanted an automatic way, I’m using cmake and do not cross compile and the  custom-build options do not seem to be visible, unless I am missing something.

Thanks again

Stewart

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Please note that the Custom build actions page in the VisualGDB Project Properties window is only available in the Custom and Ultimate editions of VisualGDB along with the rest of the custom features. This is can be why this page is not shown for you.

StewartWon
    Participant

Thank you Ket, I think you have provided the answer!

Regards

Stewart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.