Convert nmake based project to linux makefile project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Convert nmake based project to linux makefile project

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sivaraj
    Participant

Does VisualGDB support converting VS2010 nmake projects to linux makefile project?

I could evaluate it works with windows Makefile projects.

But not sure/know whether it supports nmake based projects. Any pointers on this regards will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Sivaraj

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The easiest way to do that would be to use the Import Existing Project mode of the Linux Project Wizard. It will not automatically read the settings like CFLAGS, but will automatically add all source files from the specified directory. Then you can customize it further via VisualGDB Project Properties.

You can also try v5.2 Preview 1 that will automatically repair missing include paths once you open the source files that have some missing includes.

sivaraj
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried to use Import Existing Project mode of the Linux Project Wizard to convert the nmake based project to Linux gcc.

While build time I am getting the below error. I just followed the wizard steps, created the project, and then trying to build the project. gcc is from the remote server.

1>VisualGDB : warning : Cannot query size of C:\nmake_sample\LinuxProject1\CodeDB\LinuxProject1-Debug-Win32\codedb.lck: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\vs_lnx\nmake_sample\LinuxProject1\CodeDB\LinuxProject1-Debug-Win32\codedb.lck’ because it is being used by another process.. The file will not be uploaded.
    1>  VisualGDB: Run “make ” in directory “/tmp/VisualGDB/c/nmake_sample/LinuxProject1” on server address (SSH)
    1>  cl /c share1.c share2.c
    1>  make: execvp: cl: Permission denied
    1>  make: *** [shared_library] Error 127
    1>  ————————————————————-
    1>  Command exited with code 2

Can you give pointers as to what is all about this error and directions to solve the issue?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, we assumed that you have already converted the Makefile to work with Linux. If you only have a Windows NMake project, please try creating a Linux configuration for it by following this tutorial: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/porting/linux/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.