Configure segger j-link to target specific device in scan chain

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Configure segger j-link to target specific device in scan chain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dabramson
    Participant

I have 4 STM32F103 devices on my JTAG chain. How do I configure the debug settings in visualGDB project settings to target a specific device in the chain?

The attachment shows my current debug settings.

I know the two numbers required to target each device in the chain, I just don’t know how to tell visualgdb to use them.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

As this is a fairly rare scenario, VisualGDB doesn’t offer a dedicated GUI setting for it, however the “Advanced Settings” section lets you customize the command line that VisualGDB will use when running the Segger GDB server. Please see the Segger documentation for an option that allows setting the JTAG scan chain position and explicitly add it to the command line in VisualGDB settings. If  you are not sure, please double-check it with Segger support, as they have a better knowledge of the Segger gdb stub internals.

Once you add the extra command line flag, you will still be able to use the regular VisualGDB settings (e.g. debug interface or FLASH programming mode).

dabramson
    Participant

I figured that was the case.

Here is my solution:

I added the -jtagconf <IRPre>,<DRPre> option in the command line box of the advanced settings in the debug properties.  Now I can target the different devices in my scan chain by changing the values of IRPre and DRPre.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by dabramson.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this. It is indeed the correct way to specify those flags.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.