Configurations other than Debug and Release

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Configurations other than Debug and Release

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bernardofca
    Participant

I have tried to define additional configurations. For example RELEASE_CUSTOMER_A but it seems that VisualGDB only supports Debug and Release.
    Could you confirm or give me a solution?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB does support other configurations, but the underlying build system (e.g. CMake) may impose certain limitations. Which project type/build system are you using?

bernardofca
    Participant

I am building with this:

C:\SysGCC\arm-eabi\bin\make.exe”

I am pretty sure that if I create configurations other then Debug and Release, it does not really work.

I have seen that when I create new projects now I have an option to use MSBuild (Recommended). Is this what you are talking about? If yes, is there a way to convert my old project that builds with GNU make to MSBuild ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you are referring to an embedded project then. You can create other configurations for this type of projects as long as you use the VisualGDB Project Properties dialog for it instead of the regular VS Configuration Manager. If this does not work, let us know the details and we will help.

bernardofca
    Participant

Problem closed (cockpit error).

The key was: “as long as you use the VisualGDB Project Properties dialog for it instead of the regular VS Configuration Manager.”

I was previously using the VS Configuration Manager and I had missed the “Add” button in the VisualGDB panel.

Thanks for the quick and accurate response.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.