Compiler Flags

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Compiler Flags

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    elinir2000
    Participant

Hi,

I need to setup ARM gcc compiler flags like -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu, etc, how can I do it ?

where is flas.mak file mentioned in in visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/legacy ? where the Makefile is generated ?

Thank you

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The easiest way to do that would be to right-click on the project in Solution Explorer and select VisualGDB Project Properties. Then go to the Makefile Settings page and edit the CFLAGS via GUI. VisualGDB will automatically update the related Makefiles and reconfigure IntelliSense.

Please note that if you are using MSBuild, you would need to use the VS Project Properties instead.

elinir2000
    Participant

Thank you.

I have set these flags   -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -H     in CMake project settings in CFLAG and CXXFLAGS fields, but I got the same error as I do not believe that the compiler ‘sees’ these flags.

Is there a way to see what flags are applied when the compiler is trying to produce the .o file and the executable ?

Eli

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can add “VERBOSE=1” to make (not CMake) command template and rebuild the project. This should get CMake to print the command lines it is using.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.