Code Map Issues

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Code Map Issues

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vard
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I can’t seem to be able to get Code Map to run on my machine. I’m running VisualGDB 5.2R9 (Build 1452), Embedded License, on VS2017 Community Edition, Windows 10 Pro -x64.

A SysprogsCodeMap.dgml file is nowhere to be found, either in my project directory on in SysGCC, and of course, there is no Code Map option on the drop down menu from the mouse right-click button.

Is there a switch in the menu that allows for the code map file to be generated?

Thank you!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Code Map is a part of our Clang IntelliSense engine and hence will only work if you have it enabled. Please double-check that you are actually using it (you can check this by right-clicking in the source file and checking if the “Preprocess selected lines” command appears).

vard
    Participant

Thank you kindly for your fast reply.

The Preprocess Selected Lines command appears upon mouse right-click and is functional, but the Code Map is not.

Please see snap shot  Snap_shot

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by vard.
    support
    Keymaster

Sorry, the screenshot did not get uploaded properly. Could you please upload it to an image sharing hosting? I.e. a screenshot showing the context menu when you right-click on a function like “main”.

vard
    Participant

It is hosted on my Dropbox. You can right click on the link and select Open Image in a new tab.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot and sorry about the confusion. This could happen if you were not right-clicking on a globally visible entity (like a function) that could be shown in a code map.

Please try first left-clicking on the function name, then ensure that it appears in the rightmost combo box on the smart navigation bar and finally right-click again. Does the code map menu appear?

vard
    Participant

Left clicked on function, it appeared in the rightmost combo box, right clicked on the same function and here’s what I got:  Snap Shot 2

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have investigated this further and it looks like the mechanism responsible for showing CodeMap-like diagrams has been removed from VS2017 community (still works with VS2017 Enterprise).

You can find more details here: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/41410/generate-graph-of-include-files-still-not-working.html (the Generate Graph of Include Files command uses the same mechanism).

vard
    Participant

I see… thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.